Summer 2022 Youth Work Opportunity
Lion’s Roar, North America’s largest Buddhist media company, has the ideal work situation for a youth wanting to explore the editorial side of publishing this summer. The successful candidate will apply their skills and knowledge to the creative side of our continuously growing print and digital publishing business.
What will I do?
You’ll work on a range of projects over the summer. Depending on your strengths and current priorities at Lion’s Roar you could:
- Mining archives for potential content, content providers, and story ideas
- Assisting with LionsRoar.com on basic SEO and site cleanup
- Uploading magazines and creating ToCs in preparation for digital offering
- Transcribing and entering data
- Contributing to e-newsletters
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Sourcing images for online use
- Producing social media
- Digital, audio, and video editing for web and online platforms
What do I need:
- Experience with HTML and CSS would be an asset.
- Education in Communications, Journalism, English, or Digital Media is preferred but not required
- A “can-do” attitude, ability to work independently, and attention to detail
How do I apply?
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
To apply please send a covering letter and resume with “Digital Editorial Assistant” in the heading to Cindy Littlefair at: [email protected]. Work begins in May.
Salary: $15.00 per hour for a 30-hour workweek
For more information about Lion’s Roar see lionsroar.com