Summer 2022 Youth Work Opportunity
Lion’s Roar, North America’s largest Buddhist media company, has the ideal work situation for a youth wanting to explore the business side of publishing this summer. The successful candidate will apply their skills and knowledge to the operations side of our continuously growing print and digital publishing business.
What will I do?
You’ll work on a range of projects over the summer. Depending on your strengths and current priorities at Lion’s Roar you could:
- Use statistical methods to analyze data, generate business reports, and guide business decisions
- Identify and recommend new ways to streamline business processes
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- Work with departmental managers to outline the specific data needs for each business method analysis project
- Develop business performance dashboards
- Research software tools and best practices
- Create and populate a database of content and contributors
- Support advertising department with Web research, lead generation, mass-outreach campaign
- Assist with online survey creation and results tabulation
- Assist with configuration and testing of WordPress plugins
What do I need:
- Experience with HTML and CSS would be an asset.
- Education in Business & Management or Computer Science & Technology preferred but not required
- Ability to help develop analysis of results & interpretation of data.
- Assist in development & troubleshooting of new algorithms and software.
- A “can-do” attitude and excitement about problem-solving and critical thinking
- Attention to detail
How do I apply?
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and be between the ages of 15 and 30.
To apply please send a covering letter and resume with “Publishing Assistant” in the heading to Cindy Littlefair at: [email protected]. Work begins in May.
Salary: $15.00 per hour for a 30-hour workweek
For more information about Lion’s Roar see lionsroar.com